During this uncertain time, EDS implemented the most up to date best practices to the extent possible: #
● Childcare will be carried out in stable groups of 12 or fewer. “Stable” means that the same 12 or fewer children are in the same group each day.
● Children will be cared for in the same classroom with the same children each day and shall not move from one room to another or merge with other classrooms unless there is an emergency.
● The assigned group of teachers shall remain with their same group of children throughout the day while maintaining appropriate adult/child ratios.
● Teachers shall evaluate their classroom space for ways to arrange furniture that encourages physical distancing between children.
● During meals, chair arrangement should be arranged with a blank space between each child.
● Meals shall be pre-plated by the staff before being placed on the table for the children. Teachers shall provide second helpings and pouring of liquids.
● No organized group gatherings (circle time music, etc.) shall be convened.
● Tooth brushing will not be used.
● Cribs and/or cots shall be placed 6 feet apart or with a solid barrier between them when occupied. ● All bedding and masks shall be washed daily. Preschool bedding may be washed weekly effective 7/20/2020
● Teachers shall always carry hand sanitizer gel/spray on them to provide to children when needed such as sneezing, coughing, touching bodily fluids, etc.
● Classrooms shall use the same designated playground, as assigned each day, for the duration of the day and will spray Steramine on the play structure and other play surfaces after the last use of the day.