- Please be aware that the drop off and pick up procedures may take anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes. Please make sure you arrive early enough to allow 20 to 30 minutes from parking car, walking to drop off/pick up location and going back to car. This includes the beginning and the end of day. Parents should plan to be at the center no later than 9:00am/5:00pm to ensure they have enough time to check their child in/out by 9:30am/5:30pm. THIS PROCESS WILL NOT BE RUSHED DUE TO PARENTS RUNNING LATE.
- Please do not enter the building at any time. All entrance doors will be locked, and codes deactivated.
- Staff will be signing your children in/out noting the name of who is dropping off and picking up.
- Please try to have the same person drop off and pick up as much as possible.
- If you need to communicate with staff, please call or use Learning Genie. The person designated to bring your child in and out of the facility may not be able to answer specific questions regarding your children.
Family Instructions for Drop-Off Procedures
- Upon arriving, families are to park their cars and walk children with belongings to the front the of building. Siblings may be brought together.
- There are designated drop off and pick up squares 6 feet apart from the front door entrance. Please wait in the first vacant square closest to door.
- If you are in the first square and there is not a staff member outside screening children, call the center to inform them you are there and provide your and your child’s name.
- If you are in one of the squares behind others, the staff will see you and continue to come back until all children have been screened. Do not approach the facility until there is a vacant square.
- As children are brought into the center, please move forward to the next square until you are in the first square.
- Once you are in the first square, a staff member will ask you to answer the following health questions:
- Do you or your child presently have any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 72 hours (fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, repeated shaking with chills, fatigue, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, rash, bloodshot eyes, neck pain)?
- Has the child been given any fever-reducing medicine in the last 24 hours?
PLEASE DO NOT BRING YOUR CHILD(REN) IF YOU OR THEY HAVE ANY OF THE ABOVE SYMPTOMS.
- If all your answers are no, the staff member will take your child(ren)’s temperature while the adult remains in the designated drop off space.
- The staff member will use a no touch thermometer, aimed at the child’s forehead about 1-2 inches away to take their temperature. Any temperature 100 and above will not be accepted for care. If the temperature is 100 and above, the staff member will take it a second time to verify before turning the child away.
- When your child is cleared by questions and temperature check, they will be escorted inside the building for handwashing before going to their classroom. At that time, you are free to leave the facility.
Family Instructions for Pick-Up Procedures
1. When you arrive to pick up your child(ren), please go to the first square closest to the door or the next available square if there is a line.
2. If you are the first person in line, please call the center and let them know the name of the child(ren) picking up and your name as the adult picking up the child.
3. Once you get to the first square, the staff member will bring your child(ren)and their belongings out to you.
4. Please take children and leave as soon as possible while maintaining physical distancing from other families picking up.